Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Experience with Faxing using Brother MFC-J6535DW

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael1600, Jul 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1600

For various reasons I need to use a traditional fax machine to send and receive faxes. We have a MFC-J6535DW has the ability to slow the baud rate down.

Wanting to know if anyone has successfully used a similar fax on the3CX system and if so what seems to work best. I know I can just keep my current lines from Frontier but I am wanting to reduce my overall cost and move entirely to VOIP.

Truly appreciate the help.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You generally need a provider supporting T.38 protocol for fax and good VoIP adapter, also supporting T.38 (reliably) in your scenario, nevertheless it was announced that Version 15.5 will support G.711 fallback. I've never tested whether G.711 fallback works reliably. The max transmission speed should be set to 14400 bauds. Most recent fax machines will try to negotiate higher speeds like 33600 bauds, which will never work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michael1600

Thanks for the information. The baud rate can be slowed down. The G.711 fallback is good news. Does anyone have a VOIP adapter that they would recommend?

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Cisco SPA-2102/112/122 are not working reliably for me, they can't handle T.38 correctly.
    I have good experience with AudioCodes Mediant MP-1xx, but setup is rather complicated and also have good references for Patton MATA, but haven't test it myself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.