experiences with paid support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jacob1, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacob1

Hi, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like 3cx support is structured like this:

Business -> Reseller/Partner -> Actual 3cx support team.

Businesses first need to get support from their 3cx partner and their 3cx partner gets support from 3cx. Is that accurate?

Does anyone here have experience with the paid support?
    -What's the availability (is it 24/7)?
    Is it via phone or just email/forum only (I know it says phone,email, etc but not sure if that is just for partner or specifically 3cx)?

Are there different levels of support available or is it you have it or you don't?

I'm looking at doing my first live setup, which isn't a problem, but the client asked about what if the system stops working in 2 months- how responsive would support be before it was working again.

Any experiences or answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated- thanks.

2. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Usually your reseller/Installer would be your first contact for support

I have a paid support package, when you pay for support you get a "software certificate" with a license key and a PIN to log into the support system. I have never used any other method of contact.

You have it or you don't

Actually it sounds like you are the reseller? or maybe just doing the install, anyway I find the 3cx team to be very responsive and knowledgeable and although I have not had any major issues they always answered my questions quickly. To be honest I have found the answers to most every question I have had right here on the forum.
    In my opinion, as inexpensive as the 3CX system is, the paid support is worth it if only for the "peace of mind" factor.

Good Luck
    George

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Yes that is correct unless you have paid support in which case you have access to 3cx support team. In a lot of cases as gschwab indicated your reseller would be your first level of support and can make the process easier as they would also provide some training. At the end of the day it depends on your comfort level to manage the system yourself with 3cx support or use a resellar for initial support.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Just to add my 2c

3CX Support is awesome. They will need some "standard" information - logs, wireshark etc. but they know their stuff.

If you are a reseller (which is sounds like) then I would recommend you become 3cx certified and attend training events - they are invaluable (and free!)

You should be the first point of contact - as in most cases it is simple operator or config error and can be fixed quickly. Then you have access to 3cx support when they get to the tricky problems.

Remember there is also another variable - the voip provider or pstn line provider. And a lot of call problems can be to do with them.

In our case our partners (who are also 3cx partners) are tier 1 support, then we become tier 2 and 3, even if it is a possible 3cx problem. As our trunks and 3cx work so closely, it is better for the partner to contact us and we can determine if it is a line problem, a config problem or a real 3cx problem, in which case we work closely with 3cx to fix it. This is the best solution for partners and their customers as it gives fast results.

So check with your provider too, but do become certified if you are going to resell 3cx - you will have a lot more customers that way :)

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The 3CX support folks are awesome, in 3 years we placed 2 support tickets simply to confirm our suspicion. As Mark pointed out, you need to get certified because you will be the first point of contact and hopefully the only person they will need to speak to to resolve a problem. 3CX does not offer (yet) 24/7 support but you are fortunate because by the time you wake up in the US, there will likely be a reply in your mailbox. We manage several hundreds of 3CX servers with an average of 150 users per server they key to provide excellent support is to focus on specific hardware (phones/servers/routers/switches) and we couldn't deal with fly-by-night SIP trunk providers out there so we bought one, we completely revamped the infrastructure and now we can take care of of every aspect of their Telecom needs. It makes it much easier when you are the SIP provider too to trace issues. You will see that often you will have network issues. Router/NAT issues, obsolete non QoS switches, poorly performing servers. You will gain valuable know-how and you will be able to address most concerns quickly. Lastly don't over-complicate the deployments, VLANS are hardly ever needed, multiple NICs on the same lan are useless and simply cause headaches.

Get 3CX certified, be a Network PRO (that is key) and you will do very well. We support many 3CX partners and we are happy to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.