• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Expiration of Registered phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcellop

Reaction score
Hello:

Have been struggling to install a system. Finally got all phones registered. Suddenly they unregister (infamous red dot).

The server status log indicates: ServRegs::checkExpiration Registration for sip:[email protected] has expired
I rebooted the phone and went back to registered.
Phones are Grandstream GXP2000.

Where do one controls this issue?
Thank you for your help. This is my first install and I am in the first step.

Marcello

Reduce the registration period in the phone and on the 3cx box.

Make sure your phone has the correct IP's in the configuretion.

I had same issues..I downgraded the firmware on GXP 2000 ...firmware versions ends with .14

The default "Register Expiration" for GXP 2000 should be 1 hour. Normally, the GXP 2000 will do registration again if the registration had be expired .

02:14:34.281 ServRegs::eek:nAdd [CM113002] Registered: Ext.309
02:14:33.125 ServRegs::checkExpiration [CM113000] Registration for sip:[email protected] has expired

Which version of your 3CX box?
Which version of your GXP 2000?

The current version of GXP 2000
Product Model: GXP2000
Software Version: Program-- 1.1.1.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.1.5

I have tried two things: placed 0 (zero) at the phone registration time, defult is 60 minutes, that did not work; exactly to the hour the phones unregistered. Had to reboot them. Finally, I replaced the time with maximum allowed 60535 minutes or 45 days, so far OK. Up until the time I get to the bottom of it.

3CX version 3.0.1928.0
GXP2000 Prog 1.1.2.23; Bootloader 1.1.1.5

Please try to upgrade your 3CX box to 3CX version 3.0.2328.0. Since this version fixed previous bugs. Caution: Backup your 3CX system config before the upgrade.

Your GXP 2000 Program is 1.1.2.23 should be the official unofficial firmware at http://www.grandstreamsucks.com, right? The latest official unofficial firmware should be 1.1.4.18.

If your GXP 2000 set 45 days expried is working fine then keep it.

Marcellop said:
I have tried two things: placed 0 (zero) at the phone registration time, defult is 60 minutes, that did not work; exactly to the hour the phones unregistered. Had to reboot them. Finally, I replaced the time with maximum allowed 60535 minutes or 45 days, so far OK. Up until the time I get to the bottom of it.

3CX version 3.0.1928.0
GXP2000 Prog 1.1.2.23; Bootloader 1.1.1.5

hello Marellop

First of all I would suggest that you upgrade your PBX to the newest version as there are quite a few updates since 1928, even in regards to registrations/expirations. And beyond that I would suggest that you make the registrations closer together (eg 10 minutes) and see if this problem appears again. BTW, phones registration expires when the registration period ends, and its up to the phone to re-register every X amount of time. The latest version of the PBX even allows a % of time after the registration expires for the phone to re-register so that registration periods overlap and the phone is never unregistered in case the phone for whatever reason delays its next registration.

Let me know how it goes.

hello Marellop

First of all I would suggest that you upgrade your PBX to the newest version as there are quite a few updates since 1928, even in regards to registrations/expirations. And beyond that I would suggest that you make the registrations closer together (eg 10 minutes) and see if this problem appears again. BTW, phones registration expires when the registration period ends, and its up to the phone to re-register every X amount of time. The latest version of the PBX even allows a % of time after the registration expires for the phone to re-register so that registration periods overlap and the phone is never unregistered in case the phone for whatever reason delays its next registration.

Let me know how it goes.[/quote]

Hello Costas:

Followed your suggestion. Upgraded to the newest version. I tested the registration of one phone for 5 minutes. It went unregistered and never came back. So I returned to the 45 day delay. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.