Expiration of Registered phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Marcellop, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Marcellop

Hello:

Have been struggling to install a system. Finally got all phones registered. Suddenly they unregister (infamous red dot).

The server status log indicates: ServRegs::checkExpiration Registration for sip:102@192.168.1.108 has expired
    I rebooted the phone and went back to registered.
    Phones are Grandstream GXP2000.

Where do one controls this issue?
    Thank you for your help. This is my first install and I am in the first step.

Marcello

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reduce the registration period in the phone and on the 3cx box.

Make sure your phone has the correct IP's in the configuretion.

3. arvinth

I had same issues..I downgraded the firmware on GXP 2000 ...firmware versions ends with .14

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The default "Register Expiration" for GXP 2000 should be 1 hour. Normally, the GXP 2000 will do registration again if the registration had be expired .

02:14:34.281 ServRegs::eek:nAdd [CM113002] Registered: Ext.309
    02:14:33.125 ServRegs::checkExpiration [CM113000] Registration for sip:309@192.168.2.12 has expired

Which version of your 3CX box?
    Which version of your GXP 2000?

The current version of GXP 2000
    Product Model: GXP2000
    Software Version: Program-- 1.1.1.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.1.5

5. Marcellop

I have tried two things: placed 0 (zero) at the phone registration time, defult is 60 minutes, that did not work; exactly to the hour the phones unregistered. Had to reboot them. Finally, I replaced the time with maximum allowed 60535 minutes or 45 days, so far OK. Up until the time I get to the bottom of it.

3CX version 3.0.1928.0
    GXP2000 Prog 1.1.2.23; Bootloader 1.1.1.5

6. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Please try to upgrade your 3CX box to 3CX version 3.0.2328.0. Since this version fixed previous bugs. Caution: Backup your 3CX system config before the upgrade.

Your GXP 2000 Program is 1.1.2.23 should be the official unofficial firmware at http://www.grandstreamsucks.com, right? The latest official unofficial firmware should be 1.1.4.18.

If your GXP 2000 set 45 days expried is working fine then keep it.

7. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

hello Marellop

First of all I would suggest that you upgrade your PBX to the newest version as there are quite a few updates since 1928, even in regards to registrations/expirations. And beyond that I would suggest that you make the registrations closer together (eg 10 minutes) and see if this problem appears again. BTW, phones registration expires when the registration period ends, and its up to the phone to re-register every X amount of time. The latest version of the PBX even allows a % of time after the registration expires for the phone to re-register so that registration periods overlap and the phone is never unregistered in case the phone for whatever reason delays its next registration.

Let me know how it goes.

8. Marcellop

hello Marellop

First of all I would suggest that you upgrade your PBX to the newest version as there are quite a few updates since 1928, even in regards to registrations/expirations. And beyond that I would suggest that you make the registrations closer together (eg 10 minutes) and see if this problem appears again. BTW, phones registration expires when the registration period ends, and its up to the phone to re-register every X amount of time. The latest version of the PBX even allows a % of time after the registration expires for the phone to re-register so that registration periods overlap and the phone is never unregistered in case the phone for whatever reason delays its next registration.

Let me know how it goes.[/quote]

Hello Costas:

Followed your suggestion. Upgraded to the newest version. I tested the registration of one phone for 5 minutes. It went unregistered and never came back. So I returned to the 45 day delay. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.