Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Expired certificates

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunkiddance, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunkiddance

We have v15 with maintenance running until July 2017.

We use a 3CX supplied/generated FQDN.

For some reason, the certificate has expired (in October) and was not automatically renewed.

How do I get the certificate renewed?

Thanks
    Terence

Sopock likes this.
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello there,

What Service pack are you on? are you on windows or linux?

3. sunkiddance

Running on Windows. According to the program I am running version 15.0.0.

I no longer have anything showing under "updates" so not sure how I can get to install a service pack - when I click on the "Updates" button of the dashboard I get the following:

Internal Server Error(500)

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

at ManagementConsoleJS.VersionStringComparer.CompareStatic(String x, String y)

at ManagementConsoleJS.Firmware.get_OutOfDate()

at ManagementConsoleJS.UpdateService.UpdateNotification(IEnumerable`1 list)

at ManagementConsoleJS.UpdateService.<BuildListForUpdateAsync>d__15.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.UpdateCheckerController.<CheckForUpdates>d__4.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ObjectMethodExecutor.<CastToObject>d__40`1.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionFilterAsync>d__28.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeAsync>d__18.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.<Invoke>d__4.MoveNext()

at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.<Invoke>d__3.MoveNext()

Thanks
    Terence

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Navigate to dashboard and under the Information column should state the build number of the PBX, next to the license. Let me know what that is

5. sunkiddance

I have done a snip of that section of the dashboard:

upload_2017-1-5_16-37-41.png

Thanks

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

That typo is not fixed in SP4! http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/backup-restore-failover/#h.1v18ule7pjy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #6 Sopock, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

8. sunkiddance

Thank Yiannis - after following your instructions I have up to date certificates and the system is up and running properly.

One thing I notice, now under updates, for phone templates you have to select them one at a time - there is no longer a box to tick to say select all - bit of a pain.

Anyway - this can be marked as resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Terence

9. SON

SON

We have v15 with valid maintenance running
    We use a 3CX supplied/generated FQDN.

For some reason, the certificate has expired and was not automatically renewed.

How do I get the certificate renewed?

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@SON
    Please check your inbox, i have sent you a p.m

11. PatLCF

Hi, YiannisH

We have the same problem - "Lets Encrypt SSL certificate Renewed FAIL". We have version 15.5.

Can you p.m the solution to me?

Thanks

12. PatLCF

Hi, YiannisH

We have the same problem - "Lets Encrypt SSL certificate Renewed FAIL". We have version 15.5.

Can you p.m the solution to me?

Thanks

13. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @PatLCF

There is no standard solution for this as there are different reasons that can cause this. One is dns or firewall issues. Another reason could be that you changed the licence without re-installing the PBX and let's encrypt refuses to update the certificate as the FQDN and key do not match. Also your maintenance may have run out so the certificate will not update and many more.
    We will need to check your installation and see. Please check your inbox.

14. Saniel

Hi, YiannisH

We have v15 system, 3CX supplied/generated FQDN from July 2017.
    The certificate has expired and was't automatically renewed at now.

Can you help please with this ?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.