Explain multiple 487 Request Terminated/INVITE please?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lloydr1l, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lloydr1l

At any given time, I can view the Activity Log and see multiple messages of this type-

20-Apr-2016 09:54:24.082 [CM503003]: Call(C:3574): Call to <sip:216@192.168.5.175:5060> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Terminated/INVITE from 192.168.5.54:5062

This is on different PBX's, and I don't notice any issues, or dropped calls, nor do I get any complaints about issues or dropped calls. So could someone explain the different sections in the message or point to an article that breaks it down? Is it just normal chatter for the system?

Thanks.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is a response to a cancel. Most likely when a call is initiated, but not answered and the caller hung up or cancelled before getting into vmail.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

4. lloydr1l

As usual, thank you leejor. That explains it!

5. lloydr1l

Okay, maybe further clarification is needed. I understood what you were saying about a call being placed, but not completing the connection. But when I was just looking at the activity log, it shows multiple extensions contacting the server, and this led to multiple entries of this nature at the very same time stamp.

All the extensions appear to be part of a particular Ring Group, so it leads me to believe its normal behavior for a Ring Group, but not all extensions within the group contacted the server. Perhaps those extensions where in use?

Is this just normal behavior for an incoming call hitting the Ring Group, that then contacts the server, but receives this message?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Same basic principal. When in a ring group, the system sent an invite to all the members. Presumably one of the members/extensions answered and reported the fact to the system whereupon the system had to notify the other member/extensions of the fact...in effect a cancel of the invite to the others that did not answer.

JCLloyd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.