• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

export CDR on SMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

igpetkov

Reaction score
Hi,Everyone!!!
I want to export call data like ordinary SMDR
I red manual and test it, but do not have success.
----------------------------
Enable CDR
To enable CDR, access the 3CX Management console. Go to “Settings > CDR”, choose “Generate CDR”. Select the desired output. When you output to a file, the file will be stored in the 3CX Logs folder and named cdr.log. Example location: “C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\CDRLogs”

Configuring CDR to output to a socket in passive mode requires you to configure a port which is free on the 3CX Phone System Server. In this mode, 3CX CDR Service will act as a Server and will expect a CDR Client to connect to the IP:port configured. This implies that you must allow data traffic to pass from your firewall in TCP Mode.

3CX CDR can send call data records to a CDR Central server. In this mode, 3CX CDR Service will act as a client and you need to provide the IP Address and TCP Port of the CDR Server that is handling your CDR Requirements.
-----------------------------------

I want to use socket in passive mode to receive call data in Hotel software. Its nessesary because there is hotel sotware which work with old PBX Panasonic and receive call data by serial port. The software has option to receive data by IP but I can't start comunication between 3CX and software

I configure 3cx:
1. Enabled CDR
2. Chose "3CX CDR service is Server/pasive socket"
3. Configured port 42224 on my PBX IP

Then I test to open comunication with terminal program "putty" (I use this program to test SMDR outpust of standart PBX's (Panasonic, Ericsson, Philips and other)on serial or IP),but with 3CX nothing happen.

Can someone say me where is my mistake.
Thank You

I'm still able to do this in v.14 with Putty (telnet mode), but not in V15.5 SP1 (at least on Linux). In v.14 was necessary to restart Call History service, there is no such in V15.5, restarting all services didn't helped.

Last edited:
Do you open standart telnet port 21or configure some other free port?
What username and passowrd to use when open comunucation with PBX?

And do you now why its didn't work in ver.15.5?

I guess firewall configuration (IPtables on Linux). Probably configuring CDR is not enough to configure the firewall as well.

I made the exact same as you, using passive and putty and all is fine here, ensure you have no firewall blocking you while doing so...

Attachments

• 2017-10-09_10h59_02.png
    2017-10-09_10h59_02.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 61
It is a firewall issue. A trick: You may re-use TCP port 5015 for CDR, it remains open in firewall (iptables) after installation of 3CX and is not used afterwards, if you don't want to modify the firewall.

Maybe have to share details about testing system!
3CX Version 14 Professional Edition 4SC
WIndows 10 Professional

1. I configure CDR pic. 1

2. Then forward port 5015 (test withother too) to internal IP 192.168.1.250 pic.2

3. Test to connect with putty pic.3 . Test from external to real IP and from 3CX server PC to internal IP 192.168.1.250.

4. Switch off Firewall pic.4

5. Restart all services and test again

Didn't have success

Maybe I make some stupid mistake, but can't receive log information

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.png
    2.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.png
    3.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.png
    4.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 56
Port 5015 is opened in firewall of v15/15.5 only, but in your case you have switched off firewall (not recommended), so it should work. Test it internally from another PC on the same network (192.168.1.0/24), I'm not sure whether you can do it from remote network or make a VPN connection to the local network of the PBX.

If using Putty (telnet to port 5015) session is disconnected after 30 sec., if no connection is established.
Calls log appear in telnet window upon completion of call.

ok, thank you.
I'll test later with verion 15, because that will be the real system. Now I test with ver.14.

Thank a lot for your help

When test with version 15 I will post result

Thank You again

Thank You for advises.
I make test with version 15.5 on port 5015 with putty telnet and everything looks good.I received call log and edit cdr record by my needs.
I make my tests in internal network, can't connect from outside, maybe have to open port in firewall
It will be nice to have buffer for missing calls like tradiotional PBX's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.