Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Export contacts from softphone to Company

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by athena, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athena

Hello,

We are running the version 15.0 of 3CX.
    I have many contacts in my local 3CX softphone accounts.

1) Where are they stored on my PC (which folder) ?

2) How can I export them from my softphone ?

3) Then, how can I import them into the company contacts list ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @athena

Unfortunately you can't export them from your soft phone nor they are saved in a specific folder. I'll try to give you some solutions for different scenarios for further uses.
    What you can do as a workaround:1. Re-add the contacts in your softphone one-by-one but this time select "Add to company phonebook" in order for the contacts to show up in your Phone System>>Contact (export them if you wish to have a back-up file).
    2. Go to Phone System 's contacts and export your contacts (either you have or not) as a .csv file. Open the .csv file with a spreadsheet program (google sheets) and feel in the columns, then download the file as .csv and import it back in the Phone System.
    3. If you want to add contacts in your softphone and having them stored somewhere else for other uses then every time you want to add a new contact add it in your google contacts then go to your softphone and synchronize your client's contacts with those in your google's contacts(Settings>>Import Contacts).

The way to do this is by following the first or the second of my suggestions

Adding a contact in your softphone 's phonebook without checking the "Add in company phonebook" box will store your contact "locally", meaning that you can't move it anywhere else by exporting it or adding it afterwards in Phone System 's contacts. I hope my suggestins were helpful to you

Thank you

3. athena

Hi IoannisM_3CX

Thanks for the answer.
    But it does not help a lot to re-add 300 contacts. :(

In the future, I will add some of them directly in the Company Phonebook.
    And probable manualy transfer old ones from local to Company.

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad that i could help, you do that but i think it is easier to add them in a .csv file and import them.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.