export users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeinstei, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeinstei

Hi-

Is there any way to export the extension list, including SIP ID, user ID, and authentication password? We use an external XMPP server (Openfire) and the SIP phone plugin needs all that info to register the softphones.

Why is there a csv import but no export?

Thanks.

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,
    Make a backup. Extract the XML file from archive. You have there all the information but you will have to manage to export them to excel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jeinstei

Sounds great. I knew there must be some way to do it.

Currently I'm exporting directly from the Postgresql database, which isn't ideal considering that I only have the admin user login. On a live phone system this is definitely a bit risky.

4. antler

Hallo Forum,

As the OP states / asks! Why is there an 'import' yet there is no 'export', this just makes no sense!

Hallo danhriscanu,
    I have a checked out my backups but am unable to work out which 'XML' file I need to select and subsequently export to excel, appreciate any information and thanks in advance.

3CX Design: something so logical as an 'export' function should not have to wait for a vote in any 'ideas' platform,

But I will say that I have 'played around' with this product for some time now and it is a fantastic product, I am only using it at home but it still needs 'tweeking'.
    I am involved in telecommunications and I take every oppertunity to mention product to all and sundry but as I say, there are minor tweaks are still needed but, ok it is my opinion, but there are major areas that are illogically incorrect!

Antler

5. jeinstei

I do agree with Antler; having import and no export is quite odd still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.