Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ext & Mobile Ring failed; Cause: 404 Not Found; from IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Trimline, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trimline

When an internal extension calls my extension, both my phone and my mobile rings. If an external number is dialing in, the extension rings fine, but the mobile phone does not. The below message is posted in the log:

11:14:05.760 [CM503003]: Call(32): Call to sip:4196@192.168.1.125 has failed; Cause: 404 Not Found; from IP:127.0.0.1:5488
    11:14:05.603 [CM503020]: Normal call termination. Reason: Not found
    11:14:05.601 [CM503016]: Call(33): Attempt to reach <sip:1407XXXXXX@192.168.1.125:5060;nofwd=1> failed. Reason: Not Found
    11:14:05.600 [CM503014]: Call(33): No known route to target: <sip:1407XXXXXX@192.168.1.125:5060;nofwd=1>
    11:14:05.534 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:1407XXXXXX@192.168.1.125:5060;nofwd=1>

What would be the correct setting? Each extension on my system has a specific outbound route (VoIP provider).

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

this is a outbound call routing issue.

Add 1 to an outbound rule call Prefix and test again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. willow

willow Member

the no known route to target means that the PBX is not finding an outbound route for the dialed number. if you use 9 for an access code then you need to add the 9 to the mobile number in 3cx extensions or myphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. davidbenwell

Willow

if say the VoIP Provider / PSTN Provider required the use of 9 for an outside line, then surely 3CX would report a different error?

in Trimline's case, it says "No known route to target" this means, that the number dialed does not match any outbound rules and therefore 3CX is not able to route the call.

5. Trimline

Yes, defining an outbound route worked. This was a logic loop for me as:

1. The extension specifically dials out on a defined outbound route
    2. Internal calls made to the extension did ring the mobile and pass the correct caller ID information
    3. External calls did not find the outbound route defined in the extension, but instead, a new route needed to be created.

What's missing here is the inbound call to the extension contains the caller ID information, the routed call to the mobile does not. Internal calls do correctly pass this information to the mobile.

I'm sure there is some work to be done on 3CX's part; the external processing of the call differs from the internal processing of the call. This should not be the case. The outbound rules defined on an extension should always be adhered to regardless if the actual user is making the call, or the system is placing the call.

6. davidbenwell

the issue you have, has you have said before, that you have defend a outbound rule for each individual extension, this is not a problem in its self, however, if the user is doing the transfer then all will be ok, but if the system is doing it then unless you have a global non extension rule setup this will fail.

This is our 3CX setup

3CX PBX Main Site, with 6 DID Numbers via the same VoIP Sip Trunk
    5 Numbers for Business use and 1 for Personal.

We have 4 Extensions for Business Main Site, and then 2 for Home (Home Office, Home Personal)
    Each extension has a Caller ID defined for outgoing calls so the remote party called can return a call to the correct user extension.

We have the following outbound rules setup which we never have any issues with
    Virgin Media (PSTN Landline) – Number Prefix 151, 150, 1571, 999, 1471
    VoIP – Number Prefix 0, 8

where possable, we try not to define a extension to a outbound rule. Is there any reason why you have to do this?

7. Trimline

Yes, cost accounting and billing. It's just that simple.

8. willow

willow Member

what I ment by my other post was that if the user has the 3cx to dial 9 for trunk access then that needs to be added into the mobile number field.

ie if i normally dial 9 then xxxxxxxxxx for an outside call from my phone. the mobile field number also needs to be 9xxxxxxxx or the pbx will not find a route for the call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.