Extension # and Bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrisneal, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisneal

I will try to describe this the best that I can.

We have several 3CX systems. We want to decalare on of the 3CX systems as the Master to all the child 3CX (aka Slave)

So System A is the Master in the Bridge Connection.
    System B is the First Slave and uses 4 Digit Extensions.. Registered to the master as 14910.
    System C is the Second Slave and Uses 3 Digit Extensions... Register to the master as 14920.

at System A we created outgoing the following rules..
    Prefix 75 w 5 Digits Routes to System B. (Strip 1 Digit..Leaving 4 Digits passing to System B)
    Prefix 40 w 5 Digits Routes to System C. (Strip 2 Digits.. Leaving 3 Digits passing to System C)

at System B and System C we create outgoing rule...
    5 Digits Routes to System A.

Here is the problem.. When caller from System B dials someone on System C. They name is passed thru correctly to System C but the number is always referenced as 14910. Even if we put a Five Digit number on the CID of the extension.. Person at System C still sees 14910.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I am not aware of a setting that will overcome this.

But the recommended setup is to bridge them all. I appreciate this could get messy with 8 or 9 but for just three i would bridge the 3 (B to A, C to A, C to B). The master slave does not mean too much unless someone is on a dynamic ip then it gets easier to give static ips the master role.

Everyone will then have the correct id and also better than B going to A and then out to C.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chrisneal

While the example was 3 systems. We are looking at almost 15 by the time we are finished.. In addition our hope was to use a central system to create LCR rules So my only option appears to be to connect in a mesh fashion.

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

There was mention of some enhancements to the bridge in v10 i think or to caller id things in general so that may help. But they like us always recommend a mesh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. reighnman

I duplicated this issue testing the setup you recommended in the other thread I posted (using bridges with a pbx at each location). Even over a single bridge the caller-id displays the # of the bridge extension (IE 10000), not the caller.

On the plus side, this would avoid user confusion if you were to use the same extension schema at multiple locations, so people do not think the local ext 100 called them when in fact it was ext 100 from a different location. Plus the name is still coming across so..

If you were to use mesh over public ip vs. hub/spoke, who is recommended as the master or does it not matter and is udp or tcp preferred? While I see the advantages of mesh, in a mesh setup we'd be unable to route through our vpn as direct spoke-spoke traffic isn't allowed and the chances of our hub going down is 0 as it's hosted in a dc.

6. reighnman

Looks like setting outbound CID works with 1 hop but after that it goes back to using the bridge ID. Mesh may be the way to go :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.