• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension answers by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith3006

Reaction score
I've got an extension which will randomly put incoming calls onto speakerphone automatically without the user being at their desk.

Has anyone had this before? I've tried a factor reset on the phone (Yealink T42G) and upgraded to the latest firmware without success.

It only happens to the one user's extension.

Any suggestions?

The set does have an auto answer feature.
Check page 73 of the user guide.

Thanks, I've checked that and it's set to "disabled" already. This only occurs on some calls rather than all calls so I think it's more of a bug than a setting?

Could it be a hardware "fault" with the set itself? Warranty time?

Perhaps swap it with another extension, or create a new extension to test.

OP - Are you using CTI? We still get random autoanswer issues using T46G/T48G.

With and without "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time" enabled

Have you verified that your phone is on the proper firmware for your version of 3CX. Maybe you should try doing a factory reset on phone and reprovision it to test?

Allen

I had this on a setup on 12.5. Went away with a 14 upgrade.
Was not set for more than one call at a time.. seems the CTI would derp and enable autoanswer.
A reinstall fixed it for half a day before it came back.. but since v14 has been just fine and works as prescribed.

3CXusername said:
OP - Are you using CTI? We still get random autoanswer issues using T46G/T48G.

With and without "I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time" enabled
By CTI, are you referring to the CTI functionality on the windows desktop application?

If so, yes, we are using that. I'll ask the user to disable it and see if it stops the issue.

ian.watts said:
Was not set for more than one call at a time.. seems the CTI would derp and enable autoanswer.
A reinstall fixed it for half a day before it came back.. but since v14 has been just fine and works as prescribed.
That's encouraging. We're waiting for our custom monitoring apps to be updated to the latest API and then we'll try this, thanks.

asmith3006 said:
ian.watts said:
That's encouraging. We're waiting for our custom monitoring apps to be updated to the latest API and then we'll try this, thanks.

Custom monitoring app? Care to share?

3CXusername said:
asmith3006 said:
ian.watts said:

Custom monitoring app? Care to share?
It wouldn't be much use as it ties in to our own in-house CRM, also it's company property so I'm afraid I couldn't share it :(

. It's pretty straightforward using the .Net SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.