Solved Extension as Mailbox only

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phil1983cx, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phil1983cx

Hi,

at first, sorry for my bad english, I hope everyone can understand me.

I want to use 3 extensions as mailboxes. There are no phones available which are logged on to the 3 extensions. The colored circle in the extension list is red.

If necessary, I want to change the inbound rules of my main extension to one of the 3 extensions. I have expected that, if someone calls the main extension, he will be redirected to the mailbox directly.

But nothing happens.

Any idea?

Thanks, greetings from Germany.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is no reason that this should not work. Any extension that has a mailbox enabled, and is not registered, should have calls placed to it, go to the voicemail box unless you have created some other forward rule. Have a look at the 3CX server log for one of the calls, it will tell you where the caller ended up and why.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Exactly how are you making use of three extensions in the scenario.

4. phil1983cx

Thanks. I'll check the log.

I have an inbound rule for every extension. Every extension is routed to a separate ring group.

In my scenario I want to switch the inbound rule from time to time to a mailbox instead to a ring group.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Under extensions/ Forwarding Rules you should use the "If i am busy or my phone is unregistered, forward the call to:" to forward to voicemail as the extension is not registered.
    Alternatively you can change the destination of the inbound rule to forward the call to "Voicemail box for extension" and not have to go through the extensions forwarding rules

6. phil1983cx

That was the trick! THANKS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.