Extension - daily redirect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wwadeace, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wwadeace

Hi
    I'm fairly new to this so I dare say some of this is obvious - apologies!
    We have a virtual extension number which currently rings group - just like our other line. But, being a small office we want to split this number to one person a day through a pre-organised person. Whats the best way of doing this?

I figured it would be easier if the extension should be connecting to an extension rather than Group - now someone just needs to login if its their day. That somewhat solves it.. But..

We have Snom 300 phones which don't seem to have a login function for a second identity (am I wrong?!). You can do it via the web server(/page) of the phone but thats going to freak out the staff. Sooo.. I'm back to my original idea - Can I write a script or something that controls what happens when to the extension??

I'm hoping this makes sense!

w

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Have you thought about using call queues? it will allow the users to login and out of the queue... That may work for you..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wwadeace

Ok - great idea.. but any way for staff to Join/Leave the group themselves independently? Can't see anything on the Snom 300 phones we have that may work with that.. Would they need access to the 3CX system site? (Sorry - I think I'm missing something fundamental here and feeling a bit thick..!)

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

yes individuals in the queue can manually login and out on demand, however you must have pro in order to utilize call queues. If you do not based on your needs it maybe worth it to purchase the pro upgrade. No they will not need to access the management console but can login and out of the queue from 3cx Softphone/MyPhone however you must first create the call queue. Which version of 3cx are you currently using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wwadeace

Looks like its 9.0.13545.594

Thanks for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.