Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension Echo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robhicks, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robhicks

We're testing 3cx. We've set up the pbx on a fairly beefy computer - 2 processors, 2GB ram, etc.

We're getting a terrible echo between extensions.

In a sip system, doesn't the pbx just negotiate the connection and then get out of the way? Or, does all the voice traffic go through the pbx?

2. Resolve

Yes - unless you've got the extensions bound to the pbx. What sort of phones have you got ? Also - is the echo internal and external or just for external calls.....? I've found horrible echo problems when the handset gain is increased along with high handset colume. You end up with the beginnings of a feedback loop. If you're getting echo when you're running test calls it may simply be a gain issue. I think we need a bit more info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You may take a look to the "Server status" page in user interface.
    "MediaServerReporting" provides information about mode of RTP connection.
    Please include quotation from Server status page to your message. It will help community to answer your question.

Anyway, PBX DOES NOT modify audio content

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. robhicks

All,

Thanks for your help!

The issue is both internal between extensions and on external calls -- but I've been trying to focus on what's going on internally.

We're using GrandStream GXP2000 phones.

What does it mean that calls do not go through the PBX unless you've got the extensions bound to the pbx? I have added extensions by pointing them at the PBX.

I'm not in the office right now to do some tests and then look at the RTP connections but I'll take a look on Monday.

Thanks again for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.