Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension Forwarding Rules defaults/template?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JustinCredible, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinCredible

Hello everyone,
    We're looking at 3CX and I'm impressed with how easy it was to set up and I feel like I've got most of it configured satisfactorily, but I came across this issue:
    I had my Presence set to Away status, and calls were going to voicemail. We can go in and change that under the Forwarding Rules tab of the Extension, but that'd be a huge pain to set up on all 100+ extensions. Is there some way to set the defaults for the Forwarding Rules? I can just see our users "accidentally" setting it to Away status so that they don't get any phone calls. "Whoops" they'd say, and on they go.

Either that or a way to disable Presence affecting how the calls come in, and just to be there for informational purposes?

Other than that, looks great!

Thank you for your help

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Please note that default forwarding rules can't be altered.
    However one can select multiple extensions under the Extensions page, using shift/ctrl touches and then click Edit extension, this will then show the settings available for bulk edit, which includes forwarding rules page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Bulk edit is indeed quite helpful. Thanks for that tip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.