Extension Forwarding to a Cell

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

On Extensions forwarding rules I check "Ring my extension and my mobil at the same time"

On my mobil I have the 3CX andriod client. When a Call is routed to my extension it rings on the Windows 3CX as wells as my cell.

It looks like the call is routed to the 3CX Client on the cell not the cell number for the carrier client. Is this dome in a priority

If there is a 3CX client and it is reachable it has first priority and if the 3CX Client is not installed on the cell or is unreachable it goes to the carrier app

2. 12494

12494 Member

From my experience, with the Ring My Mobile and running the Android app - both will receive the call. The android app probably will receive it first. If I were going to be running the android app on my mobile phone I would turn off the Ring My Mobile at the same time option - not sure why you would want both.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are forwarding to your mobile, from your extension, and running the 3CX app, with the same extension number, on your mobile, then you are duplicating the service. You should have one or the other, not both, there is no need for it.

4. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

What I want is that if there is no answer at either the extension or the smart phone I want voice mail to default to the 3CX voice mail not the smart phone carrier voice mail. So checking this makes that happen.

Is there another way to do it??

5. 12494

12494 Member

I think if you make the extension vm Ring Time shorter than your mobile phone ring time this will accomplish what you want.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only way to do that, and still have it forward to your mobile number (although I still don't see the need for the forwarding if it is also ringing a 3CX extension on the same phone), is to increase the mobile provider Voicemail answer time. So...if in 3CX it takes 20 seconds to forward off to the 3CX voicemail, you'd need to set the mobile provider voicemail to ...say , 25 seconds.

7. AlexanderHanna

In The Bahamas where I am, there is always a risk that the Cell call will be answered with some other message option (i.e. Cellular call can not be reached, etc.). Also, sometimes it might take longer for the 3CX PUSH call to reach you 3CX clients.

The only way I know how to ensure that if the call is not answered, it goes to your 3CX' voicemail is to select the "Rebound" in your 3CX forwarding rules for the extension. This way, you have to make a selection to answer the call. If you don't, the call is rebounded back to 3CX and the caller can then leave a message.

Alexander

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.