Extension Greeting and voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dvs4man, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvs4man

I have setup the Digital Receptionist with a standard greeting and announced which extensions to go to.
    On the extension the call gets routed to, when the call is unanswered, it goes to voice mail.
    I do not see an option to record a greeting for that extension, like " You have reached {this person}, please leave a message and I will call you back".
    Where can you configure a greeting, like other voice mail systems, where each extension has their own message before the voice mail records the callers message?

Let me know.

Thanks.

2. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

Dial 999 and enter your extension and pin. Follow the prompts, you'll be presented with the options.

Regards, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dvs4man

When I dial 999, I get the number you have called is not in service.
    Let me know if there are any other ways in the Admin console to possible set it as well.

Thanks.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

999 is the default voice mail access number if you choose to use 3 digit extension numbers, it will be 9999 if you choose 4. In the advanced settings for 3CX you can change the VM access number to something other than the default. There is a possibility of a conflict with an outbound rule too.

5. dvs4man

Thanks Leejor. I used 2 digits, so 99 worked perfectly. I was able to set the voice mail for this handset, and retrieve messages.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.