Extension ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

My question is how to set the "Authinication ID"

It says that "if the phone has a user ID Field enter the Extension Number"

I given person will have a PC Windows Client, Smartphone client, Tablet client and VOIP Phone not connected to a PC.

I assume they all will have the same extension, for the softclients from the emailed provisioning file.

So what should I put in the Authinication ID the Extension Number

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the case of 3CX, it will be the extension number. If you have multiple devices, all using the same extension number (SIP forking), then all credentials, on all devices, will be identical.

3. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

When I created an extension in the begining I just took the default so the extension and ID are different

I assume that I can go back into the extension and put the extension in for the ID but will need to re-provision the clients using that extension by sending an email with the file - go to the device click te file to re provision

Is this what I should do

Thanks for your help

4. cfive

cfive Member

The default for both extension number and authentication id is what 3CX thinks it should be, based on what it suggests for "the next extension number".

If you install with 3 digit extensions, the first might be 100. When you create your next, 3CX will then suggest 101 for extension number and authentication ID. If you decide, no, I don't want this extension to be 101, and change it to, say, 200, then unless you also change the authentication ID to 200, it will remain at 101.

That's how they got out of sync, but even so, things will still work. It just gives a cleaner appearance to a human if they match ;-).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cfive

cfive Member

p.s. yes, if you want to change anything you would reprovision.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.