Extension is external option not available

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yadac123, Jan 25, 2008.

1. yadac123

Howcome the Extension is external option is not available to click or check under add new extension under other options. ISthere something I need to enable?

Thanks
    John

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

the 3cx system is discovering himself if the extension is extern or intern.

but there is a problem with autoprovioning of the GXP series phones because the cfg file is not usable for extern phones.

Andy

3. yadac123

My 3cx pbx is at home and my extension 100 is at work under linksys pap2 so this should be external right. I can receive calls ok but I CAN NOT dial out from linksys pap2. how do it resolve this?

if my linksys pap2 is under the same subnet as my 3cx pbx everything works fine.

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

do you use auto provisioning with GXP or snome phones ?

if yes i have had the same issue on gxp-2020 with auto provisioning i changed some settings in the phone and it run

the only problem i have with externs seems to depend on external extension that get a fresh ip every 24h . they are not reachable then until i reboot the phone or the pbx - don´t know why atm but possible a small thing for 3cx.

Andy

5. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

How is the SIP server configured on your linksys? Is it a FQDN or a IP adress?

I had the same problem. Changing it from FQDN to the IP adress of the 3CX server solved everything.