Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension is invalid Resolved Possible Bug

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thassani, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thassani

I appear to be missing something. I've upgraded from version 8 to v 9.13545 SP1.

Since the upgrade I'm unable to save Advance or General settings. When I do I get either "The entered operator extension is invalid. Please enter another value and try again." or "The entered conference extension is invalid. Please enter another one and try again.

We had/have the conference extension set and and it is working when I look at System Extensions Status I can seen all the ConferencePlaceExtension with the first one being the primary and the same entry set in Settings -> Advanced.

I've tried all different combinations of numbers and I've tried to enter numbers that are not associated with a DID and were associated etc.

I've tried to reboot etc. To upgrade I backed up and removed version 8 then installed version 9 with a restore during the wizard installation.

During the upgrade the Mail setting for sending voicemail were erased and I can't set them along with other setting due to the error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. thassani

As I hate to view post of people having the same problem as me and not seeing a resolution I'm posting the fix the upgrade issue that I had going from version 8 to version 9.

It looks like some of the fields don't transfer properly so when you do a restore of your v8 db some fields are set to default values. The option that cause problems for me was the extension length had be reset from 4 to 3. This caused my current values for operator extension and conference extension to no be excepted. But it wasn't 'til I was in the digital reception menu that I got an error message indicating that the extension I entered was too long.

Please have a look at this for future builds of version 9. We have 4 sites running 3cx and having to rebuild from scratch is not realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.