Extension is never busy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dustycr, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustycr

Hello,
    is it possible to play a sound and then after the sound has played forward the user to a ring group / call queue when the called extension is in a phone call or not registered?

I enabled the Option ,,Play Busy prompt when extension is busy" in Settings -> PBX and disabled ,,Allow multiple calls" in the extension. In the forwarding rules i have choosen the ring group which the call should be forwarded to if the extension is busy or unregistered.

Now if a user calls the extension he will be instantly forwarded to the ring group without the busy prompt.

Does somebody have a solution for that?

Thanks in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could create an Digital Receptionist to place in between. Have it play a message that says "the number you have dialled is busy, please wait while your call is transferred", or something like that, then send the call immediately to the ring group number. You could use a busy signal recording, but the caller may just hang up.

3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi dustycr,

I believe leejor's suggestion would be the best way to deal with your problem. To add to it you could even add options to the DR for the caller, press 1 to leave a voicemail, press 2 to try again, wait in the line to be forwarded to ring group, something like that.

If additional help is needed please advise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.