• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension is never busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustycr

Free User
Reaction score
Hello,
is it possible to play a sound and then after the sound has played forward the user to a ring group / call queue when the called extension is in a phone call or not registered?

I enabled the Option ,,Play Busy prompt when extension is busy" in Settings -> PBX and disabled ,,Allow multiple calls" in the extension. In the forwarding rules i have choosen the ring group which the call should be forwarded to if the extension is busy or unregistered.

Now if a user calls the extension he will be instantly forwarded to the ring group without the busy prompt.

Does somebody have a solution for that?

Thanks in advance

You could create an Digital Receptionist to place in between. Have it play a message that says "the number you have dialled is busy, please wait while your call is transferred", or something like that, then send the call immediately to the ring group number. You could use a busy signal recording, but the caller may just hang up.

Hi dustycr,

I believe leejor's suggestion would be the best way to deal with your problem. To add to it you could even add options to the DR for the caller, press 1 to leave a voicemail, press 2 to try again, wait in the line to be forwarded to ring group, something like that.

If additional help is needed please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FJL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.