• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Bennett

Free User
Reaction score
I tried looking up the current issue I am having myself, on the forums to no avail. Perhaps I did not put in the right search perimeters. The issue I am having is this: I have four Cisco 7960's in my house that all ring when dialing one extension. For example, I call from the living room to my daughters room upstairs, and my wife picks up the phone in our office thinking I am calling her due to all phones ringing at the same time, when in fact I dialed my daughter's extension. How do I remedy this issue to where I dial one extension and have only that phone ring?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jamie ,

if you have configured only one SIP extension per IP Phone, you shouldn't have this issue.
Are you sure that the configuration of these IP Phones is correct and all of they have different extensions ?

You're not using a Ring Group, are you?
Have you checked Forwarding Rules ?

Best Regards.

A little more information would be required to help you out in solving this issue that you are having.

e.g.
What version of 3CX are you using?
Does it happen when you call the office or living room from your daughter's room, do all the phones ring?
Like ALuisPV said please check the ring group and forwarding rules.

Please update the post on your findings and if you managed to fix the issue to share with the community.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.