• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension mailbox message issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kortezubi

Reaction score
I have recorded a mailbox greeting and saved it as per the user guide. When I play back the message via 999 the correct message plays. If I phone from outside the system and get sent to voicemail a DIFFERENT message is played to the caller. This message is an old message that was previously used.

However, If the extension is NOT REGISTERED, the correct message plays to the caller.

I use Ninja soft phone for my extension and SBS 2008 Essentials for 3CX (free version).

I have browsed to the location of the WAV files on the server and verified that the correct message exists for this extension. The file I checked is C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data\101\savevmgreeting.wav

Can someone please tell me why the correct message will play to the caller only when the Ninja soft phone is not registered?

Thanks, Wayne

Maybe the ninja has a cache of some sort?
I have never used it...
Can you move the extension to a soft phone on another computer?

Website says it has a "voice box"...

craigreilly said:
Maybe the ninja has a cache of some sort?
I have never used it...
Can you move the extension to a soft phone on another computer?

Website says it has a "voice box"...

I agree, looks like the Ninja is using it's own voicemail. Makes sense too, when unregistered 3CX gets the call and fwds to VM, when registered the Ninja is somehow using it's own VM box.
Are you sure the extension is set to fwd to VM in the 3CX/ Extensions / Forwarding rules ?

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.