Extension management delegation - Disable extension creation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gregory Marciano, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gregory Marciano

Hi everybody,

Small question regarding the delegation of extensions management.

For our customers, I would like to let them the possibility to manage the existing extensions, which is possible via the “Rights” of the extension of any user, but I cannot disable the possibility to create new extension…

Is there a way to only let the customer the ability to edit the existing extensions without any possibility to create a new one?

Thank's a lot for reading and for help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Gregory Marciano

There are 3 rights you can give a user for extension management. The first is to manage its own extension which will only give the user access to see and manage its own extension without the ability to add a new extension.

The second is to manage extensions in a group but the user then has rights to create an extension.

And the last is access to all extensions where again the user has rights to create an extension.

So unfortunately if you want a user to have access to more than his extension then the user will have the ability to create a new extension.
    If you want that to change then you can raise a feature request to the ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

3. Gregory Marciano

OK, thx Yannis, I will raise that feature request then :).
    I think it's an important one when 3CX is deployed as a cloud model, with a Price per User per month billing...

Have a nice day

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.