extension not registered but i can call!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vlad8, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vlad8

hi all, i have a problem i have some voip phones that have to register to a 3cx phone system. In the extensions status table each phone is "Not Registered" but i can call as if they are registered, why this? Have i to enable something like "register required" checkbox? if yes, where i can find it?
    Thank you!

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

This is because the pbx does no query phones to see if they are register or not. The phones have to send registration requests to pbx in order for pbx to know that that phone is registered or not and they will eventually come up registered. You can decrease the time to send registration requests, if you want, from your phone settings, which by default is every 60 minutes I think.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on the device, and your settings, many SIP phones may still be able to make calls even though they are not registered. When a call is placed, the user name and password is verified by the SIP server (3CX). Registration tells the SIP server where you are located (how to reach you), and that you are still there (re-registration at a given interval is generally required). You won't be able to receive incoming calls if you are not registered.

You don't say what make/model SIP device you are using, but may have a setting that will turn the registration requirement , off or on, as not all users, in all situations, find that they need, or desire it.

4. vlad8

ok thank you all! i'll try to decrease registration timeout on 3cx and to enable registration on phones.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe the re-registration time on 3CX is (still) a default of 30 minutes, and, it will "inform" most SIP devices that that is the interval to use.

Some devices require a manual setting. Just use anything less than 30 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.