Extension not registered

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kmoser, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmoser

I'm new to 3CX. My trunk is registered. But I can't get the Polycom 501 registered. I'm getting credentials don't match; check that authorization ID and password match the ones in the extension settings. What does this mean?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It means that the user name (usually the extension number), and or password, in the phone, do not match the one(s) in the extension settings of the PBX.

Did you manually provision the set? Try re-entering the password again. Don't do a cut and paste, that can sometimes introduce a space character, that cannot be seen.

3. kmoser

Thank you the phone is registered now. It is not picking up the codecs. Is this a problem?
    Also when I dial in or out I get a busy signal. Both the trunk and extension are registered.
    Any help is appreciated.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what is not "picking up the Codecs". In the phone/device there will be a list of available Codecs to use. The SIP server, 3CX in this case, and the device will negotiate, and select a Codec that is available at both ends. You can restrict to one, or two Codec, or allow the use of all.

It could be an internal dialplan in the phone/ATA, or it could be your outbound rules. The 3CX logs should show you what is happening with the calls, and where it is failing, if it is even reaching the PBX.

5. 3397premier

kmoser,

Verify that your phones IP is not on the IP blacklist due to the previous incorrect ID and password issue. Also verify that you are using the correct dial code, 1+ the number or just the number or some type of combination, whatever you had setup for outbound (see outbound rules). For incoming you have to verify your DID's are listed in the system as usable.

Just a quick tip, for Polycom phones you can do reboot and reformat (not recommended) of the phone at the phone itself. You can also do a reset, which I think works best for clearing the phone without having to reload the software. It will still pickup the config file, if your provisioning from the server that is.

At the phone hit keys 1+3+5+7 (simultaneously) and then enter password 456 (default passcode). Takes about 2 minutes for phone to come back up.

6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

These older Polycom handsets need to be updated to the newest firmware or you can at time experiance the issues you are. referring to

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

These older Polycom handsets need to be updated to the newest firmware or you can at time experiance the issues you are. referring to.

https://www.888voip.com/forum/3cx/510-using-older-polycom-phones-polycom-ip-301-ip-401-501-ip-601-ip-4000-with-3cx.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.