Extension not registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spencer11, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spencer11

Hi everyone.

I have a 3cx v10 phone server and about 6 cisco 303 spa phones. All of them hooked up remotely to the server. Every phone is working but one.

It will not register for anything. I have reset the phone to default factory settings and deleted the extension and removed it several times..

this is the error I see in the 3cx phone system log..

Event ID 4101 Extension 233 is unregistered. Removed contact sip:233@111.111.111.111:5060

(the 111.111.111.111 is not the ip address in the log i just don't want to display that information...)

thank you for your help

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are all of the remote sets at the same location (I see port 5060). If there is more than one extension at the same location (behind a router), with no 3CX proxy server in use, each needs a unique port number.

You have the extension set to allow remote registration I assume. Is there any sign in the log of a registration attempt? You show it unregistered, which implies that it did register at one time. Some type of sets will override the registration expiry time send by 3CX, anything over 30 minutes, and it will un-register.

3. spencer11

Each remote extension is from a different location. They all have separate external IP addresses.

I do have the extension set to allow outside of lan.

on 1/6 the extension was registered. It unregistered on 1/8.

I have tried resetting the phone like i stated and nothing shows up in the phone log.

You stated: Some type of sets will override the registration expiry time send by 3CX, anything over 30 minutes, and it will un-register.

How can I fix this? Its a Cisco spa 303 phone if that helps..

THank you

4. spencer11

i tried restoring the phone another time...and re provisioned everything and for some reason it worked this time..

thank you for your time and help

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Either the set has stopped trying, for what ever reason, or the network is preventing communication.

The Cisco/Linksys devices are pretty good for obeying the server suggested re-registration intervals, a few other makes do not, and require manual setting.

Hopefully, it was just a software corruption that has been corrected, for good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.