Extension not regstered and phone not listed in 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Thurman86, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thurman86

I have 2 polycom ip 550's running on my 3cx phone system. As of yesterday one has quit working. Under extension status it shows that it is not registered. When I go under phones it does not show up at all. I have attempted to delete and rebuild the extension and even logged into the phones web interface to make sure settings were correct. The even log shows the same line over and over.

15:53:27.826 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 10.1.10.108:5060 tid=22c7a59572858516 cseq=REGISTER contact=100@10.1.10.111 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

I have verified time and again that they match and still no luck. Any suggestions? or more information that I could provide?

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

If you think they were correct and the post implies they were working then stopped, it seems as if something went awry with the handset.

Can you swap them around? (so register the good one with 100 and the suspect one with the other extension). That should narrow it down to a handset problem.

Then you can check if one did a firmware upgrade or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It will not show up under phones if it does not register. Have you regenerated the passwords? Are you using option 66? It looks like the SIP password is not correct.
    Assuming that they autoprovision, go in the phone provisioning tab for the given extension, put in a bogus mac address and OK. Then go in and put in the correct mac address and OK. reboot the phone and IF it is autorpovisioned it will pull the new config from the server. Many variables but this is my best guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thurman86

I tired the suggestions and still having the same issue. Looks like I may just have a dead phone. I appreciate the help though. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.