Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension not working properly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daktur, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daktur

daktur New Member

I am having one of the extensions (sip on my android through GS Wave) with the following error:

16-Dec-2015 09:55:13.693 [CM503003]: Call(C:4): Call to <sip:102@sipserver:5060> has failed; Cause: 408 Request Timeout/INVITE from local

Any hints what could be the problem? It was working properly until I changed my cellphone provider.

The computer on a regular network seems to be working fine.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

it sounds like the SIP requests aren't being exchanged correctly. As this happened after changing cellphone providers, it is not unheard of that some of them block or impede SIP traffic.

Why not use the 3CX Phone for Android app? By enabling the Tunnel usually masks the VoIP traffic enough so that Providers don't detect it.

3. daktur

daktur New Member

NickD_3CX,

I was working properly and now, when using the same network trough the computer sometimes it works.

Sometimes the mobile rings, sometimes the computer rings, sometimes none rings... but it was working properly before the changes.

Besides, I cannot keep connection alive with de 3cx app for android that's the reason I do not use it.

Since everything was working fine before i changed networks it means that the problem is on the new connections, right?

Thanks for your help.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Of course I cannot be sure that it is the network, but it sounds like too much of a coincidence that the issue started after changing networks.

About keeping the connection alive, I don't what version you are using but in V14 the PUSH for both Android and iOS has been improved quite a bit and now both clients rely heavily on it. What happens is that indeed the 3CX Phone clients de-register after a few seconds when idle on mobile devices but then PUSH becomes active, so your phone should still wake up on incoming calls (plus its a HUGE battery saver).

You can find instructions for setting up PUSH here if you are insterested:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/configuring-google-push/
    Also don't forget to check in the extension settings that PUSH is enabled for the extensions that are going to be operating on mobile clients.

5. daktur

daktur New Member

I have no idea how to fix this issue, sometimes the entire group rings, sometimes none and sometimes one of them...

About the push, it seems to be working altought extension is not ringing as well.

very weird I HAVE SEEN THIS LOG ERROR:

17-dez-2015 16:00:01.467 Call to T:RingAll:801@[Dev:sip:100@213.8.204.8:53654;rinstance=0-27b3ba2d87ed4a7cbb4e049af85214d8;ob,Dev:sip:102@10.236.61.56:50195;transport=TCP;rinstance=1-eqckxkon0gqsnqh86rkaedbnacthrd4b;ob;inst="4c453f72",Dev:sip:102@127.0.0.1:5488;rinstance=04c5331910e786f2] from L:26.1[Line:10000<<551130420222] failed, cause: Cause: 408 Request Timeout/INVITE from 127.0.0.1:5488

Have tried to reprovision with welcome mail all extensions and see what happens

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, this is most likely something completely different because the 5488 you see in the error is the SIP Port used by the Queue Manager so there might something else going on with the installation as well.

To rule that out though, do direct calls to an extension with PUSH enabled work?

7. daktur

daktur New Member

Nick,

It only shows a missed call notification after a while it doesn't ring on incoming external ou internal call although it shows online in the presence screen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.