Extension number as Caller ID variable in gateway outbound parameters

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ricardcarreras, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricardcarreras

Hello,

We are configuring a trunk between a Beronet gateway and 3CX, and we need to receive extension number as Caller ID for the call, we use outbound caller ID parameter in 3CX extion options for DDI number so we can not use it for extension number. By default we always get Account number, or outbound calling number if we configure it.

We have seen that extension ID is always the same as extension number, is there any variable with this value for gateway outbound parameters in 3CX ??

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Ricard

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The SIP Id is/was variable but I don't believe that it is used for outgoing caller ID at all, just for incoming call destination, although I may be wrong.

3. ricardcarreras

Thank you leejor, I agree. I don't think that SIP ID is helping us to set extension number as caller id.

But I wonder how 3CX is connected with other IP PBX's without any method to send extension number as callerd id ( a part from "Outbound Caller ID" property in extension options ).

Best regards,

Ricard

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are bridging two PBX's using the 3CX Bridge trunks, then, I can understand, the called party desiring the extension number.

The gateway is ...PSTN, ISDN? The far end is... a PBX, and desires only the extension number? You may need to provide a few more details about the set-up. Are you provisioning a full PSTN length number in the number to be displayed field, per extension?

5. ricardcarreras

We are configuring a Beronet Gateway with two E1 ( one for land numbers , and the other for corporate mobile ) and a 3CX v.14 , we need to make calls from 3CX extensions to both E1, with the first one we use "Outbound Caller ID" configured in extension's options and we set DID number for outbound calls, but with the second E1 we need to send extension number to the telco. I can configure Beronet in order to recognize multiple fields at SIP packets to set Caller-ID, but the problem is that 3CX is not able to send extension number with any variable.

Thank you very much for your help!

Ricard

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So you do, or don't have, just the extension number, datafilled, in the "number to display", in each extension settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.