Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension number higher digit count...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rkm7232, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkm7232

Hi everyone!
    How can I have 6 or 7 digits for extension number?
    Is there any way to do that?

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi rkm7232,

please note that during the installation of the PBX the wizard will then ask you for the digit length of your extension numbers. This is a very important decision since it cannot be altered later on without re-installing and re-configuring the PBX from scratch.
    As you may see from the attached screenshot only up to 5 Digits are available on the PBX and this range covers up to 89.999 extensions.

Attached Files:

3. rkm7232

But I can change digits count to 8 or ... even after installation, I change it to 8 digit and everything looks work fine, what's the problem if it works with 8digit numbers?? Is it possible to decrease server performance, crash or whatever?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you are referring to the custom parameter that has the extension length, in theory you can change it but by doing so it will most likely cause your IVRs not to work.
    The reason why during the installation you are only given the option for up to 5-digit extensions is because 89.999 extension numbers are thought to be enough.

5. rkm7232

yes it's enough but I have another system that get's 8digits number for user ID (No matter what number is, Just have 8 digit ) and on the other side I must use customer Mobile Number as SIP ID.
    for this reason I need 8 digit Extension Number and I don't know what to do...
    Any Idea?

And What do you mean from 'IVR' ? Do you mean a digital menu ( 'Press 0 for ...' n ...) or another thing related to VoIP ?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

extension and user id are 2 different things.
    do you need 8 digit user id or 8 digit extension?

IVR = Interactive voice response - Digital Receptionist - voice with menu choices.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. rkm7232

Excusme I need 8digit Extension Id , users can call to others with that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.