Extension Office Hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Doug, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Doug

We are new to 3CX.

We see that you can have different Digital Assistants accessed based upon office hours. That way single digit selections can do different things during hours versus after hours.

We need to have the same function available for extensions, call groups etc.

This is a basic business requirement for all of our potential customers.

How do I do this with 3CX?

Example:

During office hours when someone enters my extension, I want it to ring my phone. After hours I want it to go to my voice mail (regardless if my phone is registered or not).

Another example:

During office hours I want it to ring a ring group. After hours ring my cell phone.

There must be a way of doing this, and I am sorry that I didn't find it in the documentation. Please help.

Thanks.

Doug

2. Mori

Mori New Member

If you go to Lines -> Manage -> Identification you see two fields.
    "Route inbound calls In/Out of office hours to"

Knock yourself out... :)

3. silentfun

silentfun Member

for the first scenario we need the call routing in the extension one more time then it is in the menue atm (one for during office hours and one for outside office hours) but i thing that is not the right way because there are many office where many workers have different office hours so if you are not in office best you switch to "do not disturb" or unregister your phone

for your second scenario "Mori" is right!

4. Doug

Routing baqsed upon office hours

Mori - clearly you didn't read my business requirements. The routing of trunks suggestion doesn't come close to solving the need.

Silentfun - Yes I agree the individual extension needs their own business hours to really solve the problem, but even if the system would use the "Office Hours' we could work around things.

But if I hear what you are saying if someone enters the extension number (not a single digit) at the digital assistant, there is no way to automatically based upon time of day to route calls, I am very surpirised.

This type of business need is so very basic to all of our customers business requirements.

Can I get an official response from 3CX as to how I can do this?

Thanks,
    Doug

5. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good afternoon

I am unaware of any way to route calls per extension based on time of day or office hours. The closest I can come to that would be to have the user put their phone on dnd when they leave and then use the "destination unreachable/ forwarding" settings for the extension to route the call while the phone is in dnd.

Being able to route the calls per extension based on time of day would be a very nice feature to have.

Take care,