Extension - Other - Questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Jan 19, 2016
    DND on/off - the status displays the status which can be set by the client to DND, so what is the purpose of this. It seems that Turing this on in the management console would permanently set the extension to DND

What am I missing
    Outbound caller ID - the DID from the SIP Provider is 18188823686

I tried the following values for the "OUTBOUND CALLER ID" and called a phone wehre I could see the Called ID Displayed

• Pete Watters - result (shows as out of area)
    • Blank - shows (Out of Area)
    • 9999999999 – Shows Unavailable Out Of Area
    • 8188823686 shows COMP SYS MGMT 18188823686

Where does it get “COMP SYS MGMT” from, is it a value provided by the SIP Provider and we have no control over it. Like its for the number not the extension and can only be set by the SIP Provider
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Not all providers allow you to change the outgoing CID, also known as spoofing. You could try changing the number to be displayed in one extension, then try an outside call. You may also have to change some settings associated with the outgoing trunk. You may want to check with your provider before wasting any time on this (if they don't allow you to change CID).

Have a read through the settings I had to change to get forwarded numbers to be passed on.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I think you also asked about COMP SYS MGMT which is Cnam or caller-id name. When a call is placed, the CID (caller ID) is sent so as to able to identify from what number the call originated. As Leejor stated, there may be various restriction or allowances as to what number can be used and this is generally imposed by the provider. Some may not have any restriction.

The name aspect, in most instances in the US, is a subscription service paid for by the receiving party. When the call is placed, "a dip" into a database where a name has been associated to the number is made and is sent along to the receiving party along with the number so that they can see not only the number, but who is calling.

When you signed up for your service, the provider may (should?) have asked what name was desired for Cnam. It is typically limited to 13 characters and, of course, many companies having longer names will try and come up with something that can be recognized and still fit the length limitation. You do not have direct control of this from the PBX, but you may be able to work with the provider if there is something that you would like to change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.