• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension Outbound CallerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I would like to pass the "Extension Outbound Caller ID" to the "Gateway/Provider Outbound Parameters"::"Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part" field.

Does anyone know what fieldName contains the Extensions Outbound CallerID

I also want to know how to send extension number as e164 calling ID as well. V3 - the default setting is done. However, this setting disappear after v3.1.

There is not found any valuable contains the extension number at "Gateway/Provider Outbound Parameters".

The workaround is put your outbound id as extension number. Then set up :
Gateway / Provider Outbound Parameters
From : User Part => Value select CallerName instead of CallerNum

IMPORTANT: According to 3CX support, this is a wrong setting. But we have no other choice. Set it as your OWN risk.

Telasip our VoIP provider uses the Remote Party ID for OutboundCallerID so i would like use the OutboundCallerID field that is under Extension=>Other Options.

I am assuming that the value held in the OutboundCallerID can be passed to the remote party ID of the providers outbound paramaters either through a pre-set field or custom field - just need to know how.

3CX Phone System Version5.1.4510.0

You need to adjust Outbound parameters for your provider(/Gateway?)
Make sure proper RemotePartyID definition has non-empty host/port part. If your provider doesn't care about this part - you better use Custom value like "192.168.1.1:5060"
Than set user-part of that header to be $CallerName. But be careful. Do NOT put $CallerName to any other header's user-part. Otherwise you may experience problems with call transfers, etc.

That appears to be working.

Thank you very much :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.