Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension Outbound CallerID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jonathan, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan

I would like to pass the "Extension Outbound Caller ID" to the "Gateway/Provider Outbound Parameters"::"Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part" field.

Does anyone know what fieldName contains the Extensions Outbound CallerID

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

I also want to know how to send extension number as e164 calling ID as well. V3 - the default setting is done. However, this setting disappear after v3.1.

There is not found any valuable contains the extension number at "Gateway/Provider Outbound Parameters".

The workaround is put your outbound id as extension number. Then set up :
    Gateway / Provider Outbound Parameters
    From : User Part => Value select CallerName instead of CallerNum

IMPORTANT: According to 3CX support, this is a wrong setting. But we have no other choice. Set it as your OWN risk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jonathan

Telasip our VoIP provider uses the Remote Party ID for OutboundCallerID so i would like use the OutboundCallerID field that is under Extension=>Other Options.

I am assuming that the value held in the OutboundCallerID can be passed to the remote party ID of the providers outbound paramaters either through a pre-set field or custom field - just need to know how.

3CX Phone System Version5.1.4510.0

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You need to adjust Outbound parameters for your provider(/Gateway?)
    Make sure proper RemotePartyID definition has non-empty host/port part. If your provider doesn't care about this part - you better use Custom value like "192.168.1.1:5060"
    Than set user-part of that header to be $CallerName. But be careful. Do NOT put $CallerName to any other header's user-part. Otherwise you may experience problems with call transfers, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jonathan

That appears to be working.

Thank you very much :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.