• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension Passwords Being Overwritten by Web Login Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle DesRosiers

Reaction score
Hey all,

I see something happening sporadically and was curious if there is anyone who has seen the same behaviour.

Seemingly random, some extensions will have their mobile number field become the username of the admin web user on the 3CX server, and the phone password becomes the password of the web user.

I have to then wipe out the mobile number field, and change the password back to the phone password.

Anyone else see this?
Thanks!
michelle

Sounds like your browser auto-fill is being sneaky.

Chrome works great with 3CX management console but don't use the save password options or this will happen. Same also on Yealink phones web interface.

I would agree that this is probably caused by the browser as 3CX does not replace passwords automatically. Check your browsers settings and report back if you still face the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.