• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

spring

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have two offices, A and B. i want all extensions in A cannot call to extensions in B and also B cannot call to extensions in A.
Does 3CX can do this?

Thanks all your advice.

Yes. Configure two PBXs.

Other than having everyone use sets that have a configurable , internal dialplan, where certain numbers could be blocked, there is no way to prevent one extension from calling another.

You could make it as difficult as possible...use 5 digit extension numbers, and make the number ranges, in each office very different, but, if they knew each others extension number, they could still call.

Ian.watts,
I have only one 3CX server.

Leejor,

Yes by follow this way if user know the extension number they still can call.

Hi there,

Since you have only one PBX you can add exceptions on the extensions from office A to office B.
Assuming that the extensions in office A start from 100 to 110 and from office B start from 111 to 120
In the Extensions of office A you will specify
Calls from Caller ID 111-120 and forward to End Call.
For Office B:
Calls from Caller ID 100-110, forward to End Call.

Best Regards

Thanks ian.watts

This is very helpful and it is work after followed your advise but another thing is the presence info still can see between Office A and B. can i also hide presence info from Office A to Office B and Office B to Office A?

Regards,
Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.