Extension - Queues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MRyan, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRyan

We are experiencing random issues with extensions logged in to the queue are not rigging allowing for easy call pickup. The extension is logged in, available, and not in DND mode. Any suggestions on what settings to review? I've cycled the Queue service. Thank you.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi MRyan,

The endpoints you are getting these issues on, is it completely random or certain handsets ? is certain is there anything different such as location or firmware version ?

How have these endpoints logged into the queue ? start code, management interface > extensions or via the soft-client ?

3. MRyan

Firmware across the endpoints is consistent. One endpoint consistently has the problem, others are random. Logging in/out of the queues is typically done via start code at the end point but occasionally at the 3CX server itself. This would be true for the extension that consistently has the problem.

Only occurs with extensions in the Queue. Using Ring Groups we experience no problems picking up calls. We have not deployed the soft client.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Ring groups don't login or out so that would be the reason why you are not experiencing this issue.
    I have only experienced this issue once but it was whilst using a Call-Flow Designer Application.

Please also confirm if you have these phones as members of multiple queues or just one ?
    A bit basic but have you perhaps tried deleting and re-creating the queue from scratch ?

5. MRyan

Thanks for your help.

The extensions are members of multiple queues. I'll try deleting and re creating the queues and test removing the problem extension from multiple queues to a single queue.

Also - it might be time to upgrade our 3CX version. Has been running great for years and have been reluctant to upgrade in fear of introducing a significant problem. Based on your experience should I take any special precautions when upgrading from v12 SP 6.2 to the latest? My understanding is to backup config using the backup tool. Uninstall 3CX. Reinstall most recent release, importing the old config. Maintenance plan is current. I recall years ago there were recommendations to step up one version at a time rather than jumping up several major releases at once. Still a concern?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.