Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension restrictions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giwm, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giwm

giwm New Member

Is there any way to restrict an extension to only be allowed to be dialed by a certain extension group or by internal only?

I have 18 Snom PA1's - one at each of my buildings. There is currently no way I can find to prevent the world from paging in my stores. Or even a disgruntled or prankster employee at one store from paging over another's PA.

I can't imaging this is NOT available, but if it's not, will a mod please move this to the ideas thread?

Thanks.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @giwm

Please note that if you navigate to extension settings / Forwarding rules and navigate down to exceptions you can restrict the numbers or extensions that can call that specific extension. You can set a range or separate numbers with a comma and set as destination End call

3. giwm

giwm New Member

So the easiest would be to end call for everyone and exception out the 4 phones at the store. However, at corporate headquarters, I'm going to have to add 100+ extensions to the exception. Is there any way to add an extension group to the exception list? That would give the ultimate flexibility for all scenarios.

4. giwm

giwm New Member

Also, there are no wildcards... so how would I prevent all external calls to this extension?

5. giwm

giwm New Member

It appears that with 15.5 SP1, wildcards are now fully accepted in the Exceptions. Cross that item off my wish list. Thank you!

6. giwm

giwm New Member

Hmm... except that you can only divert calls. So you can't do an allow. So for instance, you can't have:

11* - Received During: All hours - Allow as normal
    * - Received During: All hours - End call

Back on the wish list. :(

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Also ranges of extensions should be accepted, like 101-153,160-199 in one exception rule.

Normally you block only unwanted numbers with exception rule (or forward them to secretary, if you want to implement boss-secretary function). Allowed number will ring through to extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.