Extension Rights > Show calls disabled not working?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by louis_threecee, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. louis_threecee

Hi all,

i'm using V14 SP2.
    I'm using several Grandstream GXP2160 IP telephones.

Those devices have a display in which you can see the current number of the remote party.
    I wanted to disable this by setting the "Show call to group members".

But 3CX is probably still publishing this information in the SIP protocol.

How can I prevent 3CX from sharing information about an extension?

regards,

Louis

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about blocking an extensions outgoing Caller ID?

If so, the default code to block Caller ID is *5 http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user-manual/dial-codes/

But...I'm not certain if that works on internal calls, you'll have to try it. There may be an option in the set but because GS is no longer supported by 3CX you may have to try their forum, if someone here doesn't come forth with an solution.

3. louis_threecee

Not really.

Now, other GXP2160 users can see what external number an extension is connected to.
    I just don't want the external number be visible internally on all the displays.

I already have created a ticket for GS. Hopefully they will make it optional in the next firmware.

But for 3CX, I would think that when setting Show Call to Disable, that the calling number would not be send to other devices.

It seems that the setting is only for the Q-manager.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate a little more.

I have the same phones in a number of locations and I am not sure I follow.

"Now, other GXP2160 users can see what external number an extension is connected to.
    I just don't want the external number be visible internally on all the displays."

When a caller uses a 2160 to make an outbound call, none of the others are even aware of it unless I have a BLF key set and even then they only know the phone is in use, but not any numbers. If they have the 3CX softphone installed on a computer and the settings are correct, then they can see, but never does the 2160 show other extensions what numbers are involved.

Are you possibly using a robo-dialer to make outbound calls and once connected to the remote end a transfer is made to an extension and that is where the CID of the external party shows up?

5. louis_threecee

First, the GXP2160 introduced this new feature around firmware version 1.0.5.23
    Previous firmware like 1.0.4.23 don't have this feature.

When I set the LINE key as BLF, I can set the Value and Description for the BLF.
    Value = Extension number
    Description = whatevery I want to see on the display.

So for example I can see

[Green Led] 100 John Doe

When an external or internal call is being established, the following is displayed:

[Red Led] From: 0123456789

This is constantly switched by the original description:

[Red Led] 100 John Doe

So I can monitor the Extension on the display.
    But for the Manager in Group, I don't want other members to see what number the manager is calling.

Please see the attachment

Attached Files:

6. louis_threecee

I just got a response from Grandstream about this issue.

Eventhough I would like this to be optional in the firmware, it would be obvious to think that setting "Show Calls" to Disabled, that this information is also not shared in NOTIFY

7. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

in V12 there was a global option " Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group"
    and another one, something like "use group permissions for BLF".
    Group permissions in general are for 3cxphone only (maybe the second option changes this, but I am not sure it does).
    I am not sure, if those options are in V14

Another idea: Don't put the managers BLF-Key on the group members phone. Maybe just a Short-Dial-Function with pickup functionality *20*managers-Extension-number

This way people could pickup (provided they can here their managers phone riging), but they could not monitor the calls.

Best regards Frank

8. louis_threecee

Hi Frank,

Thanks, good ideas.. I just hope there will a change in either 3CX or the GS phone :)

9. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi Louis,

I just added a feature request ot 3cx:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/blf-monitoring-option-o-not-send-he-caller-id-43930.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.