Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension rings longer than it should

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spencer11, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spencer11

Hello Everyone,

I have 5 phones (the Cisco spa 303) that I use with the 3cx phone system V10. I put them all in the ring group and that works fine. When someone transfers a call to an extension it rings for like 40 seconds. I have each extension set to 10 seconds...Is there a bug in the system?

Each extension is supposed to go to voicemail after 10 seconds...

Any help I would greatly appreciate..

Thanks,

Spencer

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this for a call transferred to one particular extension, each extension (same thing happens on each one), or to the ring-group?

3. spencer11

Well for example today I changed the ring group from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.

After the ring group rings (and it is assigned to ring at least 20 seconds)the phone gets picked up by someone. Lets say they need to transfer it to some other extension. It rings longer than the 10 seconds I have set in each extension. Does the ring group time conflict with the extension ring time? I wouldn't think that would matter.

Thank you for your response

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If I understand you correctly...a call comes into the ring group, someone answers it, they then transfer to another extension? Is that correct?

If so, the ring time (before the call goes to voicemail or elsewhere) is no longer determined by a ring group setting it is determined by the settings for the called extension, and , of course, each can be different.

5. romanburchart

Hello,

Did you ever get this resolved?

I am having the same issue. If a call comes in on our main DID (xxx-xxx-x100), a receptionist answers and does a transfer to an extension (i.e. 111) that is set to go to voice mail if not answered in 15 seconds. However, the phone will ring for about 40 seconds before going to voice mail.

Alternatively, if a call comes into some other extension (i.e. xxx-xxx-x112) and you transfer it to 111, it correctly goes to voice mail if not answered in 15 seconds. Very strange.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.