Extension RTP Ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jms, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jms

jms

I have extensions in a remote branch office connected via a hardware VPN. The extensions comprise 3cxPhone for Windows and Yealink T22s.

I am trying to configure QoS on the router and I need to know the ports used by the extensions to communicate with the 3CX server in head office.

What RTP Ports do the 3CXPhone for Windows clients use? There is a pair of settings in the 3CX Server called FIRSTLOCALPORT and LASTLOCALPORT set to 7000 and 7499. Are these the RTP UDP ports?

If I look at the web page of the Yealink T22 extensions it says Local RTP Port is in the range 11800 to 11780. Is Local RTP Port what is used to communicate with the server? Or does it use the ports defined at the 3CX server?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. jms

jms

Yes, I saw that.

Is an extension on a private network subnet a "Remote Extension"?

I thought Remote Extensions were extensions on Internet addresses.

Does 3CX use the same RTP ports to talk to extensions that it uses to talk to other SIP servers?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the extensions are provisioned as local extensions through a vpn then you need the local 700 range ports. If the extensions are provisioned as remote extensions then you need the SIP and RTP ports specifies under the extensions provisioning tab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.