Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension self calling and no audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shanus6, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanus6

Hi Guys,

I have a strange problem.

The handset is a Yealink T46G unit. Provisioned using 3CX Auto Provisioning.

Under the Extension status tab, the unit is ALWAYS calling *60 (See attached image)

If I call the extension from another line it Rings on the handset but when i pick it up there is no audio either.

Every other extension seems to be working fine, its just this one phone. I updated it to the latest firmware 28.73.0.48 and still the same problem occurs.

Whats weird is that it was working ok then i enabled Secure SIP (TLS) and SRTP uploaded the certificate into all the phones and this is the only one that stopped working.

Its also showing up in the log that the phone is actually on a call 11-May-2015 13:30:07.109 Currently active calls - 1: [17]

But nothing is displayed on the screen except the normal idle status screen.

So confused.

Attached Files:

2. shanus6

As a further bit of information, if i pick up the handset and dial Voicemail for example, the phone does one ring then goes silent.
    This is what appears in the log file

11-May-2015 13:32:16.338 [MS105000] C:29.2: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=0.0.0.0:0,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=127.0.0.1:7114
    11-May-2015 13:32:16.308 [MS105000] C:29.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=0.0.0.0:0,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=MY 3CX PBX IP ADDRESS:7112

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure exactly what is going on, but given that you have other extensions that work just fine, that the firmware is upgraded and that it appears that you know how to add extensions correctly......you might try a factory reset and then re-provision.

After the above, make sure that you have the settings in 3CX correct for the extension. You did not indicate which version of 3CX you are running and if paid, but I am running the 12.5 with SP1 and in the extension settings, where the settings are for secure SIP and RTP, there is a warning indicating that secure SIP is only supported on the softphone clients. I do not know how the system will react if secure SIP is enabled on devices where such is not supported, but you might try turning the secure SIP off in 3CX and in the phone.

The system is indicating that no audio streams were received.

4. shanus6

G'day Ineblett.

Yep sorry i should have mentioned.

I too am running a paid version of 12.5 with SP1.

I have tried factory reset and re-provision with no luck.

I did note the Secure SIP warning but i tested it out on a couple of units before pushing it across the system with no issues.

I used this guide for configuring Secure SIP http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/secure-sip/

Like i said its the weirdest thing because i have 6 other extensions configured exactly the same, Secure SIP turned on and no problems.

The strange thing about it is it registers fine, rings when called theres just no audio and its constantly calling *60.

I have the codec set to G11 the same as all the other extensions its just got me stumped.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried provisioning this set with another extension (starting from scratch)? There is a possibility that it is a hardware/corruption problem with that set, the alternative would be that it is a problem with the provisioning file itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.