extension shown online even though phone is powered off - push issue

Discussion in 'Android' started by cubewerk, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubewerk

If 'Enable PUSH for smartphones' is active for extension, and the cell phone is powered off, status is still shown as green /registered. There are no other clients/phones for this extension present.

Looks like a bug. Status should be only green/registered when the device is really registered.

Without above option, status turns almost instantly red, when phone is powered off.
    But this has several drawbacks - so i would like to continue using it.

Terminating 3cx phone app with "end.. ignore push" does not change the behavior. still shown as green/registered.

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: [Samsung Galaxy S3LTE]
    Firmware Version: [4.4 KitKat]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [Phone]
    Contacts: [Local|]
    Connection: [WiFi|3G]
    Server: [Internal|External]
    Latest Linux 3CX Server version

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @cubewerk

This is the correct behaviour and this is how the PBX is designed to work. When you are using Push, the extension will stay registered so you are able to receive calls. If the extensions turns red (unregistered) then calls will be directed to the destination busy or unregistered.

3. cubewerk

i don't agree. The register status should always reflect the real status. registered or not. this status is used in many ways (cfwdto voicemail etc) so it has to be correct.

if the status need to be spoofed for push - there must be an option to disable push on 3cx client( and change to unregistered) on demand. option ignore push has no effect for me.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you wish to change status so the calls are directed to a different destination you can always use the status change of the client. Set it to Away or DND when you wish the calls to be diverted to a different destination. If you set it to ignore push the call will reach the destination if no answer.

5. cubewerk

if 3cx app is terminated with 'ignore push' that has no effect here. i do not get calls anymore but its still ringing for the caller.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think what Yiannis is saying is that if set to Ignore Push, the call will go to the destination that it normally would if there was no answer. in other words, the PBX will still think a set is reachable, and try to ring it (send Push message). Ignore Push will only affect the behaviour of the Android device.

You need to activate DND or Away.

7. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

And what happens when your battery goes flat? Make sure that we turn it to DND before it goes flat?? I think not. How about we fix the problem.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

When your battery goes flat the call will ring until the extension reaches the ring timeout. Then the call will follow the destination if no answer. This is the way Push is designed to work. If you would like this behaviour to change you can post a feature request in our ideas section of the forum when it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.