Extension shows "busy" in status display

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Andy Schmidt, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Hi,

See the enclosed screen shot. This extension shows busy perpetually - even rebooting the phone (unregister/re-register) does not reset it. It claims that it's connected to an outside line but that line clearly shows NOT being in use. I also checked the gateway and the physical POTS line that 3CX shows as being the other party is NOT off hook.

I can't find any "management" options in 3CX's web console to "reset" any extensions or lines, e.g., to force a disconnect etc.?

Is there a way to force 3CX to "reconcile" it's database. If an extension show that it's connected to a line, but that line shows disconnect - 3CX should be able to resolved that situation on its own?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I once got the exact same problem (like a few others on these forums). One of my extensions was reporting as "connected" with another extension, but the other extension was reporting as "registered (idle)". Even when I was totaly closing the client causing the problem, the extension status was still reporting as "connected" instead of "not registered".

Of all the things I tried, the only thing that worked was a restart of the 3CX Services. Depending of your environment, it might not be the best idea to restart the services, if it's your case, then i think you could delete and recreate the extension, but that also is not the best idea, since the voice mails and voice mail prompts will be lost (well, you could still do a backup).

I hope for you there's a better solution, but from what I've seen, people usually end this doing a restart of the services or a reboot of the server itself.

3. Philco

Philco Member

What version of sever are you using Andy. This was a problem I belive but solved in 4393.

I see there is an newer build out today too.

Phil

4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I also tought that this problem was supposed to be solved, but the problem may have occured from a differend cause than what was known.

5. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Unfortunatley, my logon prompt already indicates:

3CX Phone System v5.1.4393.0 :cry:

Yes, restarting the service in Win 2003 Server will reset everything, but that's not something I'm going to teach anyone here. If a service restart can do it, then there should be some "management" function in web interface that simply reconciles "busy" lines with its supposed "partner extension" - and if the partner extension is NOT busy, then clearly it ought to be cleaned up without human intervention. :roll:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Philco

Philco Member

I think we'll all agree with you there Andy if thats whats happening.

Phil

7. h2009

h2009 Member

This is a bit of annoying bug - hopefully it will be sorted out completely in the next update.

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have drastically reduced the number of 'stuck' calls in later builds, but it can still occur in exceptional situations where we simply don't receive the 'BYE' request from the end point. In v6 there will be a page in the management console where you can see the list of active calls and disconnect them if you want.

9. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Wow Nick, that's good news for V6. Hope there will also be an option to automatically disconnect a call is it reaches a certain amount of time specified in the management console.

I don't have the knowledge about this, but can't the client (not the 'end point') send a 'BYE' request when it hangs up? Again, I have no knowledge about this, it's just that I don't understand why a client can't also terminate a call.

10. rickashe

I am getting similar symptoms to the above posts but I am not getting stuck extentions, I am seeing stuck VoIP lines.
    Is this caused by the same issue?
    Is there a wrokaround for this?

I see there will be a fix for the stuck extentionin V6 does anyone know if this will also resolve the stuck line issue?

Do we have any timeframe for the release of V6?

Go raibh maith agat

11. coelhopsi

Wow... many new great features for version 6!! Can hardly wait for it...

12. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We should have a beta of v6 over the next 1-2 weeks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.