• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extension status and queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pscs

Customer
Reaction score
Current version (11SP3 build 28392.820)

Is there anything which documents the relationships between queues and the extension status (available/away/etc)

For instance, if I am logged into a queue, but my extension is marked as 'away', and my 'away' action is 'Forward to voice mail', do calls coming into the queue go straight to my voice mail rather than ringing the other extensions logged into the queue, or does the system treat my extension as unavailable if the call is via a queue?

Similarly for forwarding to a mobile/external number?

Is the behaviour the same regardless of the state (Away/out of office/etc)?

Does the queue look at the 'Forward internal calls' or the 'Forward external calls' setting? ('External' seems sensible, but then since the call is coming from the 'queue manager', that might be treated as internal?)

(To me the logical way would be for away/out of office extensions to be assumed not available, but from what I've read, this might not be the case)

I know people should probably log out of the queue if they are going 'away', but that's two clicks rather than one, so you can guarantee it will be forgotten sometimes, so what happens in that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.