Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extension to Extension Distinct Ring with Yealink phones.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wirm, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wirm

What im trying to do. I have a large home with 2 door stations (voip) and a call box at the gate (voip) the home owner would like to have every device ring differently, so side door would have a ring, front door would have one, gate would have one, and the actual phone system would have another one.

It seems the Yealink phones support this feature, as you just have to send some tags in the invite header, however, I dont think 3cx can do this, unless im completely wrong.

My perception of how 3cx sends the info: tag is what type of call it is (i.e. local, international, ivr, etc..) and there is no way for me to tag an Extension with a certain info: header. Is this correct?

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Re: Extension to Extension Distinct Ring with Yealink phones

Hi,

yes you are right, as the PBX converts the callerID to the local format according to the e164 settings in the settings->advanced>e164 section. So for the "internal" calls the PBX does not send the Alert Info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.