Extension: xxx - Not registered (3cx error message)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrkoenig, Nov 22, 2007.

1. chrkoenig

I have installed a 3CX system on my computer and on another client the Call Asisstant within my home network. All firewalls have been deactivated on server and client. I have maintained the extension 100 with activated voice box and pin. Every time when I log with the extension 100 and pin on the server with the Call Asisstant I got the message:

- Connection established
    - Extension: 100 - Not registered

The extension can not be registered and calls can not be placed. I can not find out, what's going wrong. Relevant information with regard to the logon process can not be found in the server log file. Please help... thanks so much!!!!

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

If i understood correctly, you got 3cx server on one computer and call assistant on another one and you're trying to make a call with it ?
    Well, you cannot make calls standalone with call assistant. Call Assistant is not a SIP softphone, but a managing software for the 3cx server, that can also place calls to an extension that you have around your network. but to place a call you actually need a softphone or hardphone configured and registered with 3cx server. you can only manage calls with call assistant(on paid versions only) or you can see the status of your lines and extensions. Has a sip softphone there are many software you can use, X-Lite, Sjphone, 3Cx Voip Phone and many others....

Cheers