Solved Extensions Always On

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 10m, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10m

10m

Hi All.

I have noticed a problem and I would like some help with it. I have created a few extensions on my PBX and for some reason, they always show up green, that is registered even when the phones have been disconnected from the network.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks

2. 10m

10m

Hi.

I've noticed 2 out of the 3 extensions created are now unregistered and show red in the extensions page. However one extension is still green but the phone is off. Also the Android client is not active.

Any ideas?

Plus does anyone know the reason for the error in the attachment?

It is a Cisco 6921 phone and I know the details are correct because the phone registers and remains registered, though on sometimes the extension will unregister and calls to the extension will go to voicemail. However the extension is able to make calls.

Attached Files:

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Under normal circumstances, 3CX should show the extension as unregistered if it does not re-register every 30 minutes. I have seen an extension remain "green" if it also appears as an extension, on a Android (3CX App) device, which is set to use Push.

As long as the credentials are correct, and no option (on the set) prevents it, you should be able to place calls from an unregistered set, just not receive them.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Extensions remain registered if there is push enabled on the extension and a client was provisioned once, or if the option ring my mobile simultaneously is selected.
    either than that the extension should un-register after a specific period of time as leejor mentioned.

Since this is a cisco log not a lot i can advise but the mac address in the "From" field and the "To" field do not seem right

5. 10m

10m

Hi Yannish and Leejor.

Problem(s) solved.

With the extension that was always 'green' I disabled Push for Smartphones in the phone provisioning tab of the extension. After a while the status changed to 'red'.

For the Cisco 6921 IP phones that would constantly unregister even though they were connected to the network, I noticed in the 3CX logs 'extension was removed from contacts' message. This would happen exactly 30mins after the last registration. To solve this problem, I went into the xml config file for the phone and I corrected the contacts tag as below

<contact>extension number</contact>

I made the correction and loaded the file into the phone via tftp and the problem stopped. The phone remained registered for hours and the extension would not be removed from contacts.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear your issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.