• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Extensions and custom templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Brauch

Reaction score
We moved to the new v15 and we were using custom templates. Now the phones are red and say not supported firmware and Yealink (Cusotmer Template) under vendor for extension. I went in and deleted the phone and updated with T42G and entered the mac. Now after a bit - under the extensions tab I have 2 entries for the same extension. One in black saying 3cx is the vendor - IP matches what is on the phone. One entry in red that says Yealink or Yealink (Custom template) not supported firmware. The IP is not correct on the red entry.

How do I get rid of the duplicate? There is no delete for the bad extension line.

Hi Mike Brauch,
If the phone's firmware is below the minimum required it will be displayed in red. I would suggest to update the firmware on the phones in question and replace the custom templates with the default ones. A list of the latest firmware per phone can be found here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

Thank you.

Glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.