Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Extensions are offline but appear online !

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cyclone76, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyclone76

Hello,
    Some of my extensions are offlne. But they appear online (presence is in green color) on 3cx clients pc and android !
    I can call these extensions (can hear call tone) but of course phones do not ring and i finally obtain voicemail.
    What is the solution at my problem ?
    Regards

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @cyclone76

The reason your extensions appear registered after your clients are offline is probably because Push is enabled under extension settings. When using the Push service the extensions must stay registered so that Push messages can be send to the mobile clients. If extensions went un-registered when you close the client then push would not work. If you are not using push you can disable it under extensions settings/ phone provisioning and send a new welcome mail to the windows clients. that way every time you turn the client off the extension would become un-registered. Another reason that keeps the extensions registered is if you have the option Ring my mobile simultaneously enabled. Again the extension must be registered for this to work.

The best solution to this is to use the status changes of the PBX. When you are done and want to turn off the client just switch status to Away or DND so the call follows the routing you choose under forwarding rules.

3. cyclone76

Thank you for your explanations. If I disable the push function, will the extension be no longer available ?

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You will need to disable the push and restart the PBX services. After that when you close the 3CX client the extensions will become unregistered

5. cyclone76

Thank you i did it successfully and as soon as the 3CX Android client is closed or unused, the extension becomes un registrered as you said so i cannot be called. My problem is that i want the extension appears in red only if unavailable (not network wifi or 4G) and re-appears on line (green) as soon as it becomes available.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Currently you cannot do that, In order to have calls come in while the app is closed and you have internet then you need to use PUSH. If you want the extension to become un-registered once you close the app then you cannot use PUSH.
    You can post this a feature request to our ideas section of the forum so it can be upvoted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.